If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (973) 662-0062

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

North Arlington Cooking With Alcohol Goes Wrong and Leaves Fire Damage

Dinner in this North Arlington home got served with a side of fire damage. The homeowner was cooking in a pan with alcohol which flamed up and spread from the gas stovetop. Fortunately, they had a fire extinguisher at the ready to put it out before too much loss occurred.  These types of fires leave soot, smoke residues and a pungent odor all of which require removal to restore the kitchen to its preloss condition. SERVPRO technicians removed the stove as it was too damaged for reuse and cleaned away the extinguisher spray that coated many surfaces. The techs clean using various agents to ensure the protein residues get picked up and odor control measures leave the kitchen ready to serve up breakfast, lunch and dinner for the family.