Nutley Is a Mid-Sized Town with A Big City Feel
When a water damage event affects your home, you need to act quickly. Contact our certified water damage technicians for water removal services.
There Are Many Interesting Aspects of Nutley
With such a close proximity to Newark and New York City, Nutley has become a desirable alternative for many homeowners than the steep cost of living inside the cities. With over 27,000 residents, Nutley is a town that continues to grow and adapt to the changing times with new retail opportunities for locals, employment opportunities, and modern schools. Nutley's history also can be an attractive aspect of the town. Much of this area served some purpose or aid to the Continental Army seeking independence from the British during the American Revolution. The town's stories, relics, and relative exhibits are on display by the Historical Society at the Nutley Historical Museum in a former schoolhouse constructed on Church Street.
Affordability for Housing
When you consider the expenses of living in the city beyond the often-steep utility costs, many potential homeowners needed to assess the worth of their properties and where they could get more for their money. While there is a distinct allure of living in New York City and its immediate surrounding areas against any of the boroughs, you can expect to pay a much higher ultimate cost for this convenience. The median costs of a home in NYC are $624,000, which significantly overshadows Nutley's expected median home prices at $445,000.
While the median cost of homes in Newark sits somewhere beneath both of these amounts at $320,000 plus, there are distinct drawbacks to choosing the city lifestyle over the less demanding suburban town feel that Nutley provides. The position of Nutley can make the commute to either of the mentioned larger cities reasonable. Saving money on living space means having more options for new neighbors to find the home of their dreams in a welcoming community that our SERVPRO team shares with our customers.
Retail and Cultural Experiences
Being centrally located between several colleges, including Montclair State University, Essex County College, and Bloomfield College, Nutley has become more accommodating to a more youthful customer base's tastes and desires. While this has shown itself in several facets, specific retail chains and unique shops have begun to find their way into the community to bolster the local economy. That is what makes trade show events and craft sales like the annual Nutley Street Fair and Craft Show such a popular draw with residents of all ages.
The arts have been on the rise over the past several decades. Because of the welcoming atmosphere among the population, local artists, musicians, and craft workers have had venues to showcase their respective talents. Smaller galleries and art-themed activities can exhibit budding creators but also provide space to explore untapped potentials. Some of these places include venues like Bee N Crafty Art Gallery and the Magic Art Center.
Diversity of Cuisine
Many cultures have found their way into Nutley and established some of the most authentic restaurants you can find outside New York City or downtown Newark. In many ways, the diversity of potential food options can directly correlate to how residents and tourists feel about the town. In this regard, Nutley exceeds the traditional fast food and franchise restaurant scene's reach to offer an array of unique dining experiences.
You cannot have a town considered an extended suburb of New York City without an assortment of positively reviewed Italian restaurants like Bella Luce or Napoli Trattoria & Pizzeria. Beyond these expected spots on Franklin Avenue, Nutley also offers well-reviewed and highly regarded eateries with various cultural backgrounds, including Turkish, Thai, Lebanese, and Japanese. This diversity reduces the need for people to commute more significant distances to larger municipalities for authentic cuisine. A special Shout-Out is reserved for Ralph’s Pizzeria, located toward the north end of Franklin Avenue. A World Ranked Pizza.
A Town That You Don't Want to Leave
Perhaps one of Nutley's most impressive features is how many generations of families begin and continue here. There are multiple 3rd and 4th generation families, such as the former mayor of the town, Joseph Scarpelli, whose family initially settled in the area in the 1890s. Their children were all raised in Nutley and continue to live here. It is a town that is hard to leave because you have a sense of community that comes from the growing population never altogether losing the small-town charm.
History helps to solidify Nutley's allure for its current and future residents, such as it is one of the places where sharp-shooting Annie Oakley settled down in 1892. Perhaps one of the most famous homemakers of all time, Martha (Kostyra) Stewart, grew up in Nutley as well. Another local resident of note, Steve Lamprou, elevated sports and education to an exceptional level.
Protecting Nutley Businesses with Fast Water Extraction Solutions
Water removal is one of the most vital components of successful water restoration and mitigation for commercial structures. With medical facilities, warehouses, and manufacturing buildings in many areas of Nutley, we must respond quickly to where the emergency occurs at all times of the day. Our SERVPRO professionals have stocked trailers and production vehicles ready to mobilize after the first notice of loss to our staffed emergency line.
Standing water presents multiple threats to the property, especially when exposed materials are porous and readily able to absorb pooling. Hardwood and engineered flooring, despite their finish like varnish, polyurethane, or lacquer, cannot prevent water penetration after a brief period. Carpeting is among the most sensitive to this threat, and water can begin damaging padding and underlying subflooring after a brief exposure period.
Removing this surface water requires a combination of helpful tools available in our inventory of industry-leading recovery equipment. Most commonly, removing standing water involves wet vacuums, submersible pumps, and specialty extractors like carpet wands. The choice in which tools get used on a recovery task gets made when our technicians first arrive, and job scoping for the restoration begins.
With the likelihood of burst pipes in freezing conditions that could damage your business or lower levels standard for storage, SERVPRO of Nutley / Bloomfield stays ready to help in an emergency. We can offer fast and efficient extraction solutions to get drying efforts started promptly for your facility. Give us a call today at (973) 662-0062.
What to do in Nutley When Your Basement Becomes Your Entertainment Hub
Dance the night away after SERVPRO removes flood damages from your basement.
Arts Organizations in the Area Provide Nutley Residents With Entertainment Options
Life in Nutley provides an opportunity to enjoy the beauty of nature around us and many of the cultural events in our surrounding towns. The “Mud Hole” at Memorial Park is always a gathering place for fishing and ice skating. However, with winter coming along and social distancing considerations, we may have to make our basement the entertainment hub for our families. Whether you add a pool table, state-of-the-art TV, or a library of board games, it may become the most-used space in your home.
The South Orange Performance Art Center (SOPAC) helps bring music into your home through a series of virtual offerings featuring musicians, films, and event trivia night! With a robust offering for November, virtually everyone can find a performance to spark their interest. When you join the SOPAC at one of their shows, you can:
- Support the local artist community
- Enjoy a different kind of entertainment from the comfort of your home
- Virtually share the experience with friends and family watching from their own homes
SERVPRO of Nutley/Bloomfield knows how important your basement is, and we’re here to protect it after flooding or other water damage. Call us quickly at (973) 662-0062 and let us leave it “Like it never even happened.”
Can Hardwood Flooring and Furniture be Recovered After a Fire in Nutley?
For prompt 24/7 assistance after a fire, contact SERVPRO of Nutley / Bloomfield at (973) 662-0062.
SERVPRO Cleans and Refinishes Hardwoods in Nutley
When you envision a fire in Nutley, you may think of wood going up in flames. However, there may be hope for repairing or cleaning your hardwoods. It depends on the severity of the fire and its damage to materials and belongings in your home. Whether it be flooring or furniture, it is essential to remember that you may not need to dispose of them. There are various techniques and products that may help restore your hardwood materials and furnishings.
What if the Floors Are Blistered or Stained After a Fire?
Fire damage restoration is not always cut and dry for your Nutley home. Sometimes a portion of the impacted area or item can be repaired, while other parts of the same site require more attention. If there is severe blistering on a hardwood floor, technicians most likely refinish the wood rather than simply cleaning it.
What are the Techniques and Products that Help Technicians Use to Restore Hardwood Furniture?
• Dry Cleaning works best for unfinished wood and a dust-like residue. Technicians use vacuums, feather dusters, and dry cleaning sponges to dry clean hardwood floors and furniture.
• Wet Cleaning with mild, low-alkaline cleaners works well for moderate to high levels of residue. It is important to clean with the grain and use a polish to restore its natural oils.
• Semi-Refinishing using SERVPRO's Wood Creme Past #209 removes a thin layer of the flooring's finish. Technicians often use this technique to remove watermarks left from firefighting efforts.
• Polishing hardwood furniture with SERVPRO's Furniture Polish #207 removes smudges or stains. Technicians remove smoke residue before polishing furniture.
For prompt 24/7 assistance after a fire, contact SERVPRO of Nutley / Bloomfield at (973) 662-0062. We make it “Like it never even happened.”
Can Restoration Technicians in Belleville Restore Hallway Carpeting After a Bathtub Overflow?
Bathtub overflow can cause a ceiling leak in the room below. Prevent the leak from continuing by contacting team SERVPRO right away.
Certified Water Mitigation Professionals Return Belleville Homes to a Pre-Loss State with Industrial-Grade Tools and Technologies
A busy schedule is all it takes to create a potential disaster. It can be easy for a homeowner to forget about leaving the tub running, only to come back to an upstairs soaked with water. Worse still, the damage to your Belleville home can flow downstairs, through walls or ceilings. Without fast action, this small accident can inadvertently lead to thousands of dollars in damages that require repair or replacement.
SERVPRO technicians use sophisticated tools combined with tried-and-true water mitigation techniques to restore Belleville properties after a disaster. Your local SERVPRO utilizes a multi-pronged approach to minimize both structural and content damage to save you time and money while providing you with much-needed peace of mind.
How Should Homeowners Mop Up a Clean Water Overflow on Their Floors?
Property homeowners can feel overwhelmed by a bathtub overflow in Belleville. Still, cleanup of standing water is a simple process that is safe to perform in many cases. If you are unsure how best to proceed, contact licensed cleanup professionals for assistance.
- Soak up standing water with towels, rags, mops, and other porous items that can be easily cleaned and dried.
- If your bathroom has vinyl or laminate floors, clean them quickly to minimize the risk of delamination and soaking through to subflooring.
- Check floors below the bathroom for signs of saturation in ceilings and walls. SERVPRO technicians can also inspect your property with thermal imaging that detects potential water damage behind structural materials.
- Contact a mitigation company as soon as possible for rapid-response remediation.
If mold contamination is evident, avoid making contact, as mold spores can cause health effects. SERVPRO professionals make use of personal protection equipment (PPE) that allows for safe microbial remediation.
Can an Upstairs Bathtub Overflow Cause More Damage?
While prompt cleanup can minimize damages to your Belleville property, water damage from a bathtub overflow can spread to other areas of the home, and create further issues. Common effects include:
- Bacterial growth and odors. Mold growth can occur in as little as 24 hours after the disaster. Microbes frequently cause the musty smell and stains characteristic of many water damage incidents. This issue is especially prominent in warm, humid environments.
- Ceiling leaks and soggy drywall. Ceiling leakage from a bathroom overflow is particularly problematic because it can affect the structures and contents below it. Leaky, soggy, sagging ceilings can lead to wet furniture, flooring, and other belongings on the floor below. Without fast action, sheetrock and drywall affected by a bathtub overflow can quickly deteriorate and crumble, adding to your repair costs.
- Saturated floors and subfloors. Waterlogged flooring and subflooring is sure to be an issue after a bathtub overflow. Delamination, or the separation of adhesives from surfaces, can mean that your floor is likely more cost-effective to replace than repair. Subflooring can weaken significantly from moisture exposure and microbial growth. Fast action is recommended to avoid the need for extensive repairs to restore it.
- Wet electrical wiring. If it seems likely that water from a bathtub overflow has made contact with electrical wiring or outlets in your home, it is highly recommended that you consider contacting your utility provider about shutting off the power until the area has been safely cleaned and dried. SERVPRO can bring power sources for cleanup in a home that does not have running electricity.
How Do SERVPRO’s Water Extraction Tools Salvage Carpet and Pad?
SERVPRO utilizes a plethora of moisture extraction tools that can salvage carpet and pad before delamination occurs. Technicians take care to extract thoroughly to accelerate the structural drying process. Air movers and dehumidifiers can be used on tented carpeting to promote on-site drying above and below the carpet and pad.
Extraction equipment, from commercial wet/dry vacuums and rovers to back-mounted units, can minimize the risk of secondary damages during the drying process while ensuring that structural drying is successful. If carpet and pad cannot be salvaged, technicians can install replacement carpeting after structural drying. Water-affected contents, such as upholstery, can also have moisture extracted and dried to return these items to a preloss state.
SERVPRO professionals can perform several other repair procedures after mitigation and drying, including, but not limited to:
- Necessary bathroom flooring and subflooring repairs.
- Replacement of compromised drywall and reinstallation of baseboards.
- Installing and re-seaming carpet.
- Drying water-affected documents through sublimation.
- Repairing and replacing leaky or sagging ceilings.
SERVPRO of Nutley / Bloomfield provides the community with cleanup and mitigation that prove that We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster when you call (973) 662-0062.
Local and Expert Water Damage Repair Services?
SERVPRO can save your home from water damage. Contact us today for assistance.
SERVPRO Can Provide High-Quality Water Damage Repair Services to Your Belleville Home!
These days it can be hard to search for reputable water damage repair services in your local Belleville area. Here at SERVPRO, we don't care about frills. Our goal is to always provide you expert restoration services, so you can go on with your life, "Like it never even happened."
Visualize needing local Belleville water repair services in your home. The hose of a portable dishwasher sprung a leak and left water pooling on the kitchen floor of your apartment. Laminate flooring can't stop water from traveling, and soon your downstairs neighbors may be feeling the ramifications of the accident as well. Your home needs fast and expert services to minimize the risks associated with excess moisture.
How Does SERVPRO Differ From Other Restoration Service Providers?
At SERVPRO, we focus on three things that we feel need to be at the core of the service we provide:
- Quick response time
- Advanced technological devices
- Expertly trained employees
Our goal is always to get to the source of the damage as quickly as possible. However, speed means nothing if you cannot back it up with action. For this reason, we use top of the line, industry-grade, advanced technology for every restoration project we undertake. Furthermore, our operatives are expertly trained and have certification with the IICRC (Institution of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification.) We provide quality, so you don't have to worry about a thing.
How Would SERVPRO Go About Repairing the Water Damage on My Property?
In a scenario like mentioned above, we could craft a remediation plan that could look a little something like this:
- Inspection of the property and identifying the areas of water damage with infrared technology
- Setting up water removal equipment such as extractors and wet/dry vacuums
- Using drying equipment to remove excess moisture, including specialized devices, such as air blasting tubes, to address water in hard-to-reach spaces
Here at SERVPRO, we keep you involved with every step of the remediation. We're a part of your community and want to treat you as a neighbor should. Our goal is always to leave you with a smile and feeling satisfied with our service.
If you need water damage repair, don't wait. Talk to SERVPRO of Nutley / Bloomfield by calling (973) 662-0062. We're always ready to assist you.
How Do Property Owners and Occupants Stay Safe with a Flooded Basement During a Power Outage?
SERVPRO renders mitigation and restoration services that keep your property looking, “Like it never even happened,” when you call (973) 662-0062.
Call Certified Disaster Mitigation Specialists to Clean Up Flood Damage in a Nutley Basement
While Nutley homeowners have a plethora of ways to minimize flood damage to their residences quickly, these solutions may not always succeed. A sump pump can fail while attempting to drain water from the basement, or water alarms may malfunction and fail to detect floodwaters entering your home.
SERVPRO removes and restores flood damage in Nutley residences while adhering to restoration industry standards per the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification. A combination of extensive training and education opportunities ensure that technicians and staff alike can provide rapid-response assistance to homeowners in need.
What Circumstances Does Flood Insurance Typically Cover?
Flood coverage takes care of disaster situations that standard home insurance policies cannot, which can prove highly beneficial for homeowners. If a ground flood or sewage backup has damaged your property, SERVPRO professionals can bring power sources for equipment that allows you to get the restoration services you need while minimizing damage from floodwaters and debris on your property.
Flood insurance covers personal belongings like appliances, clothing, and valuables that may be in your basement. Purchasers may want to consider implementing additional dwelling and contents coverage to ensure that they get the most out of their policy with minimal upfront costs.
Flood insurance can aid in the following disaster scenarios that can affect your basement:
• Sewage backups. Home insurance typically does not cover external sewage backups that affect your Nutley home. There are options to add protection for this specific type of disaster, though the coverage is usually limited up to approximately $10,000.
• Inclement weather. Water damage related to storms and heavy rains may not always be covered even under a flood insurance policy unless it can be tied to local flooding.
• Flash floods. Ground floods affecting your locale are generally covered under a flood insurance policy. Groundwater seepage that comes into your basement, however, may not be covered unless it is tied directly to a flood.
How Can Homeowners Stay Safe with a Flooded Basement?
• Avoid direct contact with water. Floodwaters contain a wide array of contaminants that make direct contact inadvisable. On top of that, wading through floodwaters that have impacted your electrical system poses an electrocution hazard. Contact your utility provider about safely shutting off the electricity in your home.
• Use a pump to remove water, if possible. A sump pump that is in working order and is the appropriate size for your basement should be the first line of defense against floodwaters entering there. Flood prevention methods are ideal for saving both time and money dealing with the ensuing water damage and odors. Sump pumps are especially prudent for finished basements. You can bolster your basement’s insurance coverage in the event of a sump pump failure with coverage options as high as $25,000 if a well-maintained pump gives out during a flood.
• File an insurance claim as soon as you are able. This step is crucial for receiving timely service, minimizing damage to your belongings, and maximizing your compensation from your insurer. Flood claims typically need to be filed within a certain period after the disaster has occurred. The longer you wait, the more difficult it is to get timely coverage, and the more costly repair and replacement costs become. SERVPRO coordinates with your insurance adjuster to aid you in streamlining the claims filing process while providing extensive documentation related to your claim.
• Keep checking the news, weather services, and local outage maps. While your access to wireless Internet can be limited in a flood damage situation, cell towers are typically operational to allow for live updates regarding weather, power outages, road conditions, and related local news. Keep an emergency radio at hand as a backup or to save your phone battery.
How Can SERVPRO Prevent Further Loss and Damage to a Flooded Basement?
Floods can create a laundry list of issues on a property, including the proliferation of pests, microbial growth, chemical residues, and unpleasant odors. SERVPRO professionals can perform a pack out for the contents of your basement.
The pack-out process entails the following:
• Carefully documenting items with paper or digital inventory systems.
• Packing items room by room.
• Taking contents to a SERVPRO warehouse for careful inspection and restoration.
After the contents of your basement are transported offsite for cleanup, onsite technicians can focus on structural damage mitigation and restoration, including odor control. SERVPRO of Nutley / Bloomfield renders mitigation and restoration services that keep your property looking, “Like it never even happened,” when you call (973) 662-0062.
Removing Odors After a Protein Fire in Your Nutley Kitchen
We make it, “Like it never even happened.”
Three-Phase Odor Control in Nutley
Why Does My Home Smell So Bad After a Protein Fire?
SERVPRO Tackles Hard-To-Remove Odors in Your Nutley Kitchen
Kitchen fires in Nutley do not always produce the most smoke, but they often produce heavy odors due to protein burning. There may be minimal damage, but the homeowner often finds a sticky, opaque residue coating their belongings. Cleaning the residue and removing the odor is crucial to the cleanup and repair process.
How Do I Get Rid of The Terrible Odor in My Kitchen?
SERVPRO Uses a Multi-Phase Approach to Remove Odor from Your Home
A fire and odor restoration project in your Nutley home is never a simple undergoing. Even when fire damage appears minimal, smoke odor can cause long-lasting unpleasantness in your home. SERVPRO uses a multi-phase approach to attack odors. Mitigating further smoke damage from the beginning of the restoration process is vital in removing unwanted odors.
What Are the Three Phases for Deodorization?
Phase 1- Containment: Technicians use chemical counteractant like Smoke Deodorizer #302 to create a barrier, keeping odor molecules from vaporizing into the air. The barriers trap the odors at the surface, where technicians can clean the residue—allowing minimal odor molecules to escape cuts down on the following, more in-depth phases.
Phase 2- Vapor Odor Control: Technicians apply products that counteract already air-borne molecules—for example, the specially formulated Instant Odor Counteracting Beads release deodorant vapors into the atmosphere.
Phase 3- Thermal Fogging: Technicians dispense solvent-based deodorants through thermal fogging equipment. The deodorants pass through the heat, combust down to the one-half micron in size, and then dissipate through the air. Due to their small size, they reach anywhere smoke malodor molecules traveled.
For 24/7 assistance dealing with unwanted smoke odor, contact SERVPRO of Nutley / Bloomfield at (973) 662-0062. We make it, “Like it never even happened.”
What is the Best Method to Remove Visible Commercial Mold Damage?
Do you now how to remediate mold damage? SERVPRO does!
SERVPRO Technicians Inspect the Mold Damage in Your Nutley Commercial Property to Determine the Cause and Best Remediation Methods to Ensure a Positive Outcome
Due to most Nutley offices' busy nature, a random slow drip may go unchecked for an extended period until the leak either announces itself through water spots on the sheetrock or a sustainable environment for mold growth is the result. Once airborne spores germinate and establish a home in a wet, warm place, they can quickly spread and become a massive problem. Once mold colonies are on sheetrock with extended hyphae, they cannot get scrubbed away. They require a multi-layered approach that includes:
- Drying the colonies
- Containment to inhibit the spread of spores, polypropylene sheets
- Gentle abatement to remove dried matter, scrape and vacuum
- Treatment with antimicrobial cleaners and sealants to further negate the return of the problem
What Questions Should I Ask Commercial Mold Removal Companies?
If you are searching for local help in Nutley among commercial mold removal companies, there are some helpful questions to ask to narrow down to the best choice. First and foremost, ask about the training the technicians receive and their experience handling mold infestations in commercial properties. We send AMRT applied microbial remediation technicians with accreditation from the IICRC, the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification. Find out if the company has access to an industrial hygienist's services to identify the types of mold present or to validate safe and effective remediation. Another essential fact to find out is if the restoration services company is careful to remain within the confines of coverage, so there are no surprise out-of-pocket expenses.
SERVPRO techs apply proactive treatments after the mold remediation efforts complete. Typically, SERVPRO professionals apply professional-strength antimicrobial cleaning agents and sealants work to diminish the chances of the problem returning.
Are you looking for commercial mold removal companies available 24/7? Contact SERVPRO of Nutley / Bloomfield at (973) 662-0062; their certified, trained technicians arrive quickly and have the background and professional equipment to handle any size mold remediation.
How Does Carpet Water Removal Equipment Work?
Rely on SERVPRO to Dry and Restore Your Water Damaged Contents--from carpets to structure--we protect Nutley Homes and Businesses
There are several specialty water extraction tools for carpeting that can protect these flooring materials when mitigation gets started quickly.
Mitigation can best get defined as the series of actions taken by water restoration companies like our SERVPRO team to help Nutley homes reduce their total loss after a disaster. There are many stages and individual steps that fall under this heading. Flooring is often among the first materials and structural elements of a house to become impacted by water damages, making it a focal point for the initial choices made to protect the property and its contents. Water removal tools vary considerably based on the affected materials, and carpeted floors can be among the most readily damaged ones with high permeability and porosity.
What Tools Are Vital in Removing Water from Carpets?
Water mitigation in Nutley homes might encompass many individual strategies, but water extraction from exposed carpeting can help to protect both the surface layers and the underlying subflooring when performed promptly. This process involves multiple tools in our restoration inventory, including:
- Carpet Wands – Light wands are an attachment for extraction devices that can pull moisture from both the fibers of a carpet. These often get used when the padding is removed and replaced, but the carpet can still be preserved.
- Weighted Extractors – Using the weight of restorers on stationary devices or ride-on devices, the padding and carpet layers can get pressed against the subflooring to force moisture to the surface for collection by a vacuum.
- Floor Mat Drying Systems – Pulling away the carpet layer can often reveal the early stages of subflooring damage. Floor mats can slowly draw moisture from the OSB underlayment to prevent tear-out.
Removing water from flooring materials is a vital element of water mitigation that our SERVPRO of Nutley / Bloomfield team can provide. Give us a call to help after a water disaster at (973) 662-0062.
Aren’t All Water Restoration Companies in the Bloomfield Area the Same?
We understand the need for rapid response and restoration to minimize the loss of your business property. Call us right away we are available 24/7.
Your Business Has the Best Chance of Rebounding from Significant Damage When Your Choice from Among Local Water Restoration Companies Is a Full-Service Firm Like SERVPRO.
Shopping around for a premier water restoration company in Bloomfield is a challenge. Unlike the methodical process you may use when planning for other major purchase business shopping, you are responding to a crisis situation, often with little to no first-hand knowledge of what you need or want to find in a water mitigation, remediation, and restoration firm. You have to think and act fast. Add to this the pressure of cold-sales tactics if your water loss is due to a storm or other natural disaster.
Should I Grab the First Pitch I Receive from a Water Restoration Company?
Especially if some of your business neighbors are also in need of water restoration companies in Bloomfield, you might be in fear of a long wait time before your job is even assessed. Please resist the temptation to hire an itinerant water damage company because they claim to be able to help immediately. You might rue your choice when problems crop up pertaining to their work long after they move on to the next town or neighborhood hit by a disaster. Instead, inquire locally and be upfront about your concerns around waitlists and the risk of additional damage if you do not receive help quickly.
Why Are Local Water Restoration Companies Usually a Better Fit?
A water restoration business in our community can be vetted by talking to friends and neighbors who used them in the past. You can speak directly to the management of the company and research their record with the Better Business Bureau or other community industry organizations. Local restoration companies often scale their response to a disaster up and down by reaching out to networks of other restoration companies they built over time, making them able to help more customers than you might have thought was possible.
Are Water Restoration Companies Limited in the Tasks They Can Do?
When your commercial property suffers from a water event, whether it is a flood, plumbing break, appliance malfunction, or something else, many tasks need to be completed to bring your business operations back to the point where it looks and feels “Like it never even happened.” Some water restoration companies can only provide water extraction and drying services, leaving customers on their own to find other contractors to take care of the collateral damage done by a water crisis.
What Is the Answer to a Short List of Options?
A firm like SERVPRO offers wrap-around services designed to transform your business property back to preloss condition. We invest in the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) training and licenses needed for our team to manage the water damage as an “assessment to build back” project. We save our customers time and money with this approach and relieve the stress on business owners using our services. You do not need to act as a general contractor, lining up one company after another for each phase of the water cleanup and restoration agenda.
What Are Some Other Characteristics That Make Our Company Stand Out?
In addition to the wrap-around rebuilding opportunities and IICRC training and certification, we also prioritize extensive inventories of state-of-the-art equipment, tested proprietary cleaning and disinfecting products, and rapid response. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster, stocking our signature green service vehicles with:
- Onboard generators and gas-powered pumps if the electricity is shut down at your business or in an entire neighborhood
- A vast array of extractors, tools, and devices focused on the water restoration process
- EPA-registered cleaners and antimicrobials
Can I Count on Long Term Support if Needed?
We do not count you as a customer for just one job. Once you reach out, we are committed to building a relationship that you can rely upon far into the future. Any questions or concerns you have about today’s water restoration project are answerable now or months or years later. Our goal is to support you and other community members with every decision we make, skill we learn, and innovative equipment or products we introduce.
SERVPRO of Nutley / Bloomfield can take a water-damaged property from chaos to turn-key preloss condition utilizing a skill set that bridges everything from water restoration training and experience to top-notch reconstruction results. Call us at (973) 662-0062 to learn how our unique mix of services can meet your needs.