Should I Continue Trying to Handle Mold Damage in My Nutley House on My Own?
SERVPRO's Mold Remediation Crews Are Ready to Break the Cycle and Inhibit Future Fungal Infestation
The presence of mold in your Nutley home can be an embarrassment and a worry with all the media attention concerning potential health effects. If you have what seems to you to be a "low level" recurrent mold issue, it is understandable that you try to manage it on your own.
How Successful Are DIY Mold Removal Efforts?
Part of the job of professional mold remediation in Nutley is education about the life cycle and growth habit of mold. Consumer "mold remover" products and homemade diluted bleach solutions are often employed to rid an area of mold. Unfortunately, these cleaning products' high water contents do not deliver the antimicrobial intensity needed to destroy deeply embedded hyphae (the foot-like filaments that make up a mold organism). The bleach can lighten the staining, but the extra water can actually feed the mold you hoped to eliminate.
Is There a Better Answer for Mold Management?
SERVPRO offers mold remediation following the industry-standard set forth by the IICRC-Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification. We use the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) protocols and approved products:
- Locate the mold growth -- testing is rarely required because the problem becomes self-evident with staining, visual glimpses of the organisms, and a musty smell
- Containment -- employing 1.6 mil polyethylene, temporary enclosures sealed with negative pressure air scrubbing technology
- Removal -- scraping, brushing, HEPA-filtered vacuuming, and using gentle abrasive blasting with soda, dry ice, and more
- Disposal -- double-bagging debris and following local regulation for hazardous waste
- Disinfect -- treating with EPA-registered antimicrobials to inhibit mold rebound
Our AMRT applied microbial remediation technicians are certified and receive on-going training. This is Why SERVPRO is the choice to return your home to its preloss condition, "Like it never even happened."
Consult with the professionals at SERVPRO of Nutley / Bloomfield when persistent mold causes concern. Arrange for an assessment by calling (973) 662-0062.